Pre-listing home inspection
How a Pre-Listing inspection can help you sell your home faster and for more money.
Many sellers believe that a home inspection should be paid for by a potential buyer prior to the sale. In reality, buyer inspections often result in a reduced offer, and sometimes scare buyers off altogether. Pre-listing inspections set realistic expectations and prevent surprises that result in costly 11th hour re-negotiations.
Home sellers are turning to new strategies to sell quickly and at the right price” hiring inspectors before they put their homes on the market.
- Liz Moore, an expert Real Estate broker and small business person of the year in Newport News, Va., says her firm pays for a pre-listing home inspection for all her sellers. “It’s fair to say that is the reason our listings sell 30% faster than the market average,” she says. And early anecdotal evidence suggests that inspected houses consistently sell for a few thousand dollars more.
- The buyer has the upper hand when they have a home inspection, says Coldwell Banker consumer specialist and agent Jessica Edwards. If you are willing to do a pre-listing home inspection ahead of time, you give the control back to the seller.
- Zillow tips of the year –Disclose and inspect upfront
A-Pro’s “Certified Pre-Owned Home” Program
A Certified Pre-Owned home is a trademarked concept provided by A-Pro since 1997. More than just a Pre-Listing home inspection, the purpose of this proven program is to provide actual security and value to the buyer of a property and to give you, the seller, a marketable selling point in your listing.
Here’s how it works: the seller hires A-Pro to perform a Pre-Listing inspection, A-Pro completes the inspection, certifies it to the seller and guarantees the findings to the new buyer – thus, a Certified Pre-Owned home. The buyer no longer needs to pay for an inspection of their own, since they are already have a certified report.
How’s that for piece of mind!
9 Benefits of a Pre-Listing “Certified Pre-Owned Home”:
- Helps you accurately price the home, which reduces time on market
- Pre-Listings inspections is a proven concept to sell homes faster and for more money
- Prevents unexpected issues from delaying or derailing a sale later on
- The inspection is certified to the new buyer
- Gives you time to get reasonable priced contractors or make repairs yourself
- A-Pro inspections highlight positive aspects of a home for added selling points
- Encourages buyer to waive inspection contingency (our guarantee passes to a buyer)
- It may alert you of items of immediate concern (e.g. structural problem, etc).
- Reduces liability by adding professional documentation to disclosure statement while passing liability to the insured inspector.
- Professional reports help your home stand out among other properties
- “Certified Pre-Owned Home” status provides a strong and marketable selling point in your MLS listing.
Any questions at all, just call our friendly East Long Island home inspection professionals at 631-604-2985.
Certifications acquired through home inspector training from InterNACHI